direction property is used in conjunction with the
unicode-bidi property to specify which direction the text should run (i.e. from left to right or right to left).
You can provide a value of either
rtl to specify in which direction the text runs.
line-left in its terminology. Text that is written from the left side to the right, starts at
line-left. Text that is written from the right side to the left, starts at
- Left to right. Sets inline base direction (bidi directionality) to
- Right to left. Sets inline base direction (bidi directionality) to
In addition, all CSS properties also accept the following CSS-wide keyword values as the sole component of their property value:
- Represents the value specified as the property's initial value.
- Represents the computed value of the property on the element's parent.
- This value acts as either
initial, depending on whether the property is inherited or not. In other words, it sets all properties to their parent value if they are inheritable or to their initial value if not inheritable.
- Initial Value
- Applies To
- All elements
- CSS Writing Modes Level 3 (W3C Candidate Recommendation, 15 December 2015)
- CSS Level 2.1 (W3C Recommendation 07 June 2011)