HTML Tutorial Summary
So you've made it to the end - Congratulations! You now have the knowledge required to hand code your own website.
We have covered off a lot in this tutorial. To recap:
- We started with an introduction to HTML, and what it's used for.
- We then created a basic webpage, before moving on to some of the basic tags. We learned that each tag can have different attributes, and that we can supply the value for these attributes.
- We learned that we can create hyperlinks using the anchor tag (
a) with the
- We embedded an image using the
img tag with the
src attribute, and applied several other attributes to the tag
- We then learned about the importance of commenting our code to make site maintenance easier
- Armed with the above knowledge, we tackled some more advanced HTML such as image maps, tables, forms, and frames.
- We finished by learning how to extend HTML with stylesheets and scripts.
Below is a list of reference material that I've put together over the years here at QHMit.
Go ahead and check it all out.