This Neo4j tutorial explains what Neo4j is, how to install it, insert data, create relationships, run queries, and more.
This tutorial consists of the following lessons:
- About Neo4j
- Neo4j Installation
- The Neo4j Browser
- The Neo4j Query Language (Cypher)
- Create a Node using Cypher
- Create a Relationship using Cypher
- Create an Index using Cypher
- Create a Constraint using Cypher
- Select Data with
- Import Data from a CSV file using Cypher
- Drop an Index using Cypher
- Drop a Constraint using Cypher
- Delete a Node using Cypher
- Delete a Relationship using Cypher
Neo4j is the world's most popular graph database management system (DBMS). It is also one of the most popular NoSQL database systems, as well as one of the more popular DBMSs of any category.
No prior knowledge is needed before you start this Neo4j tutorial. The tutorial explains Neo4j starting with the basics. It may help if you have a basic understanding of databases, but this is not absolutely necessary, as Neo4j is quite a lot different to most databases.